5.17.2007

Bilingual Ramblings and Job Search Update

It is really strange. Normally I constantly have really profound things rolling around in my head, but there hasn't been much goin on up there except stalled decisions the past couple of days.

I am embattled with decisions. Do I or do I not teach a class this year at Soul Quest? Do I wait to put break pads on a car that is just sitting there, or do I go ahead and get it done now? Do I continue to think about something offensive somebody said to me the other day, or do I just let it pass? Do I sell a bunch of antique stuff on Ebay with only what I know about it, or do I take it to someone who knows more about it and get their advice first? Do I or do I not tweak the t-shirt design? Do I go to bed now or finish this bad boy?

Je ne sais pas.

For those who have asked and/or are wondering how the job search is going: I will speak in code... I have had 4 phone interviews with one congregation and am waiting to find out whether or not they would like us to come for a weekend interview. I have had a face-to-face interview with one congregation and am waiting to find out whether or not they would like us to come for a weekend interview. I have had 2 phone interviews with another congregation and have been invited to come next Tuesday-Thursday for an interview. I have my resume out with two other congregations, one of which I am going to have a phone interview on Sunday afternoon with, and the other of which is moving about the pace of a baby snail... My life right now is Wait...Wait...Wait Some More.

Would you rather swallow a live worm or a live goldfish?

No comments: