5.11.2007

~the obp~ Faith Haiku!

Okay, so this is a little out there. You might have to stretch your cranial muscles a bit to participate...something that most of you are not accustomed to on Saturdays, I know...get over it!

Here's the deal, if you need to revisit grade school to find out how to write a haiku, let me save you the embarrassment. There are hundreds of rules for haikus, but let me make this very simple...we will use the most basic of all haiku forms, the 5-7-5 structure. This is very simple. Your poem will have three lines, the first and third line having five syllables apiece, and the second line will have seven syllables.

I think it would be fun if everyone would join with me and write within the common theme of your faith journey...wherever you might be. If you are agnostic, tell me about it... If you are following teachings of Buddha or Muhammad, write your 'ku... If you are a Christ-follower, let me hear it... I just want everyone to use this post to express where they are at on their faith journey! As always, to submit, just add it as a comment under this post, and please keep it clean!


stretching, growing, bold.
the aroma of jesus
sweet smell of his blood.

_____________________


worshipping our Lord--
you say po-tay-toe, I say.
unified in Him.

No comments: