5.13.2007

Updates, Travels, and Shout-Outs

Well, for those who may be wondering what Melissa, Keegan, and I are up to, here goes!

We have been living with my parents since March 04 of this year. I resigned from my position in Springfield in order to better provide for Melissa and Keegan... We were doing fine, but I really began feeling like I was not doing all that I could to provide for my family. We really wanted to be able to get Melissa home, for several reasons, and to accomplish this I have to get a pretty significant pay raise. So, I am in the middle of looking for a new position in student ministry.

The search has been interesting. I have looked at churches in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Right now, I have several congregations that I am talking with. We fully believe that God is preparing a specific place for us. So, we will see what happens! I just pray that God does it quickly...the well is running dry, if you know what I mean!

Last Monday, one of our good friends passed away from his fight with cancer. David's funeral was scheduled for Friday, so Tuesday morning, we saddled up and came to the Ozarks to spend a little time with Melissa's parents and to be here for the viewing on Thursday night and the funeral on Friday. Tuesday was also our 8th anniversary. Our plan all along had been to go to Chili's for dinner, so we drove in to Branson for dinner. Not the classiest place, but that is where we went on our first date. Definitely an enjoyable time!

We are headed back to Wichita tomorrow. I have a phone interview tomorrow with a church in Oklahoma, and a face-to-face interview with a church in Kansas on Tuesday night.

Keegan had a minor surgery a few weeks back. We had ear tubes put in to help with all of the ear infections he was having. He is doing much better now. He sleeps better at night, and there has been no recurrence of the infections.

I suppose that is all of the news for now. Time for some shout-outs to the East Grand Teens!

Stephanie Brown! You are simply awesome. I miss your laugh!
Derek Johnson! Good to see you this week. You have an amazing work ethic! Keep it up.
Holly Chunn! You are missed. You will find who you are supposed to be when you seek it from God.
Alex Mills! Rock on. Miss you bud. Continue to seek God - Seek Him in the ordinary, and seek Him in the extraordinary.

I will post more shout-outs later!

No comments: